Windows Service

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I love this application, I would just like to see the ability for it to run as a windows service and spool the emails to a directory with maybe some cleanup aka keep the last 500 emails.

Thank you for putting this together

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Voting for exactly the same feature(s) :)

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM

We have a need for running this as a service as well.  Perhaps we could tag team this?  It looks like you've done an excellent job of separating the server components from the UI so this shouldn't be difficult.

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:09 PM
count another vote for this. By the way, isn't somewhere a temp folder where the program dumps the mails?
Nov 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I also want to use this very usefull tool as a service. As it can run all the time on a test application server without being logged on all the time.

Is this feature planned to be implemented in the (near) future?

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Thanks for this application, it is the best of several alternatives I have tried.  Like the other posters in this thread, I would love the ability to run as a service!

Jun 10, 2011 at 9:28 AM

SMTP4DEV is a great application that makes my life as a Software Developer much easier.  I would also like to have the abililty to run this application as a Windows service so that I can have it running 24/7 on our development and test server environments

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Another request for this... 

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Edited Dec 16, 2011 at 2:11 AM

for this, would a change be required in smtp4dev ?

I think not.

On windows, I think srvany.exe can be used.

(srvany.exe ... to configure any executable as a windows service, comes with the Microsoft Resource Kit tools)

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:49 AM
Just for anyone who's looking for this. This guy's done it for you